If you or any member of your household show any covid 19 symptoms, you must inform the office straightaway (01223 837828 / email@example.com) and we will cancel the lessons without charge. If there is no answer, please leave a message. We will let your instructor know ASAP. You will not be able to restart your lessons until you either have tested negative or completed self isolation. If your instructor is symptomatic, we will let you know ASAP and they will apply the same rules.
When the instructor arrives to pick you up, you will need to meet at the car. They will ascertain if you are well enough to take the lesson. At the start of each lesson (and before any practical tests), the car will be cleaned. The car will be cleaned after each lesson ends.
Cleaning will include:
- Door handles (inside and out) – grab handles – window controls – door mirror controls
- Seats and seat adjustment controls – seatbelt – buckle and clasp
- Steering wheel – steering wheel adjuster – indicator and wiper stalks – horn
- Gear lever – hand/parking brake and the interior mirror
- Bonnet catch (internal and external)
- Other controls such as Sat Nav – ventilation – window demister
- Car keys
Please maintain social distancing until the instructor is happy to start the lesson. If for any reason the student is showing any signs of Covid-19, the lesson will be cancelled straightaway.
For your lessons:
- The instructor will try to keep the windows open as much as possible so please be dressed for cooler weather. You can wear short sleeves but please cover up as much as possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20-seconds before leaving the house and entering the car (and again after your lesson).
- You can wear gloves (if so, put these on just before you enter the vehicle) but general advice is that good hand hygiene is better than gloves, which provide a false sense of security.
- Please avoid wearing a visor in case this impedes your vision. Whilst you do have to wear a mask for any practical tests, they are not mandatory for driving lessons. There have been concerns around how masks could affect communication and we won’t know until we get started. All of our instructors will be carrying masks, if you would prefer them to wear one and they are not doing so, please ask them to do so.
- We will have sanitiser that you can use at the start and during the lesson.
- Please keep all personal items (e.g. mobile phones, house keys) on you. Do not leave them on the dashboard or in door pockets. The instructor may ask you to put any bags in the boot.
Please note that for the practical test, you must wear a face covering (unless declared at booking for medical other significant purposes e.g. distress, disability) and sign up to the Track and Trace system. Failure to do either of these will result in the test being cancelled. If you cannot wear a mask for your test, please let us know ASAP as we will need to inform the DVAS at the point of booking your test. Masks should also be worn for any theory tests booked.